Sunday, December 19, 2010

Day 6

Well we didn't get the greatest news yesterday our Lil L has a level 3 brain bleed. Brain bleeds are basically a given in preemies, but it goes from 1 to 4 four being the worst, and poor Lex has a 3. We were hoping for a two, but unfortunately not so. So now she will get a head ultrasound weekly to watch it and hopefully it doesn't get worse and it starts to heal itself. This has been the hardest news yet, but they for warned us we'll have good days and bad days.
So I went to my salon Christmas party last night, it was way hard to be away from my baby girl after finding out about her brain bleed. It was nice to have a good meal, besides hospital food,  and laugh a little. But afterwards I returned right back to hospital to be by her side...So when I returned she just wasn't her normal self, she seemed worn out. Guess moms just know.
So now for her update today she had alot of breathing episodes last night so they decided to return her to the CPAP to help her along since she was getting tired, my poor baby...Then around 12:30 today she went back to the ventilator, they said they wanted her lungs to be fully expanded again and give her a break and get her energy back. To me this was a set back, but they reassured me that this is normal for little ones this size and she may be back off with in hours depending on her oxygen levels, so far its been about four hours and she's doing better...she looks peaceful and just relaxing right now. Doctors keep telling me it's all ok and they are not worried.
Her eyes haven't opened yet, I can't wait to see her beautiful eyes!!!
Well that's about it for now...hopefully will have a better update tomorrow!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the hard day! We are thinking about you guys. Hang in there and give Baby Lexi a tickle on her foot from us! Hugs!! Kaylan & TJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry that today was so rough...I'm sure Lexi is not the only one worn out, I bet you and Robert are pretty exhausted emotionally and physically too. :( My heart goes out to you and I am sending love your way and praying for you and your family every night!
    Love,
    Mindi

    ReplyDelete