Saturday, December 18, 2010

My Girl

Well if you all have already saw on facebook but I 'm going to repeat it cause it makes us so happy Lexi is starting to have some bowel movement...and I got to change it! Never thought I'd be so excited to change diapers!!! Some people take things for granted and now I'm realizing that... I was told today I just get to watch her grow from the outside now, instead of her being on the inside. That was nice to hear.
She is quite the fighter Doc was just saying yesterday he would have said they may have been off on the due date and guessed her a 28 weeker instead of 26, but with her eyes are still fused shut ,so they couldn't have been. So Miss Lexi is doing great in the breathing area...with all micropreemies they ventalate them right away cause of their lungs are so underdeveloped. So when they were removing that within 4 hours of birth it was a great sign she was then put on a CPAP machine that just keeps the lungs open a little for her so its not too much work for her to breathe on her own. Then on day two she got upgraded to just nasal canulas to help her if needed, so they are very excited her lung XRay came back great and that was the first loop they told us would probably take a week to get her where she was in two days of birth.
She has been moved from her first bed with the tent looking things to an isolette, it looks kinda scarier, but they reassured its a good thing. So she seems to be settling in it just fine...The inside of it is just her own personal sauna is what I think.
Well last night was my first in room stay with my Lil L it was great they come around every 4 hours to put aquaphor on her, change diapers, check everything over, and switch their positions from side to side or from tummy to back. So that's when I get to jump in and get more hands on with her. We even weigh her diapers! She loves to sleep on her tummy and with her mouth open like her dad, haha!
Lil L gets to finally have some breast milk today...this is a big step that we have been waiting for too.
The doc asked if I have any for her, oh yes she has given me plenty of time to start storing for her and it came in right away for me so I was even more excited cause they really press for breastmilk in preemies so if I couldn't provide they would ask me to sign to get donor milk. I was told not to get upset if I didn't get much in the first 3 days, but I started out great and they even told me I don't have to use the preemie pump anymore.
So that is all for now, I'm sure I'll be back on later today with our results from yesterdays ultrasounds and an update on the rest of day!!!
Never thought I could love someone so much!!! She is AMAZING and wouldn't trade her for the world!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment