Monday, December 20, 2010

Day 7

Wow can't believe shes a week old already...well we are getting good test results today, YAY! Lil L's sodium is improving so that means her kidneys are starting to kick in more, before they were uping her sodium and she would just pee it out and wouldn't absorb any of it.
Blood gases are looking good so that means her vent should be coming out in the morning. My favorite nurse told them to hold off and let her get some of the stuff from the vibration cleaned out first, so they are holding off til morning. She is so protective of her and tries to make everything easier on her, for example they'll order two different blood drawls to be done an hour apart so she argues with them to hold off and do them at the save time so she doesn't have to poke her twice...Shes great!!!
Well Lexi is sound asleep and looking pretty comfy...I'am actually going to head home tonight to get a shower and visit the other children, since my mom is here to stay with Lexi for me...hopefully it will be a uneventful evening so she won't get woke too much and Lexi gets all the rest she can so she'll be strong tomorrow.
Thanks for all the prayers and conserns...KEEP THE PRAYERS COMING, she's still got a long road. I was told something the other day that I just keep repeating to myself ....I just get to watch her grow on the outside instead of her being on the inside growing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment